Default Great experience, great PC

Every part of the process from configuring a system, to getting it reviewed by your knowledgeable staff, to delivery of my new PC, was an excellent experience.

I've only been running it for a few days, mostly loading software an such, but it's fast and smooth.

One question about temperatures though... idle temps are around 40C. Load temps exceed 70C. Is that what you would expect?

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
    Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W
    Kingston 16GB DDR3-1333 (4x4GB)
    MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Twin Frozr II
    Antec P183 V3 (Gunmetal Finish)
    Antec CP-850 850W Power Supply

Thanks,
    Leo

Default Re: Great experience, great PC

Forgot... I have the Gelid Tranquillo Rev2 also.

Those temperatures sound perfectly normal to me, especially if you have a design more aimed at being quiet than having extreme cooling. It is always a trade-off between those two, but we are very careful in our testing to ensure that cooling is never compromised too much. Our target is to keep the maximum load temp of the CPU at or below 80C (Intel's specs allow for up to 95C before the CPU will start to slow down to protect itself), and 90C on the video card.

Also remember that those are measurements taken under extreme conditions. No normal application will push a computer as hard as the combined stress tests we do to make the CPU and video card max-out on temps.
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for your help spec'ing the system William. I'm extremely happy with it. I weighed in on reseller ratings also.

I already processed a batch of raw images and it tore through them. Very nice.

Leo

I'm glad to hear you like it, Leo! Thank you again for your order, and do let us know if there is anything else we can help with
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Thread Information