Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: My Mineral Oil PC Project: COMPLETE with Details, Pictures and Links

Quote Originally Posted by kevanesh View Post
    The package is enroute. The players will soon be in motion. This video could become a cult classic.

edit: dang, i didn't check the box for batteries.
    You sure didn't! 5 AA's tapped me out. Videos to come.

Default Re: My Mineral Oil PC Project: COMPLETE with Details, Pictures and Links

Well okay. The sub didn't fry, the PC didn't fry. That's about all the positives that we got. Not sure if it was due to the weight of the sub, and the viscosity of the oil not allowing the sub to move properly, but it didn't work. I felt the oil moving behind and in front of the propellers, but the sub just wasn't moving out of my hand. There was a point or two where it felt like it was getting lighter, but never actually was completely freestanding on its own. I could see perhaps something with either a bigger propeller, or a smaller body working in this... but it'd have to be a significant difference than this one. Two videos taken and attached. Excuse the kids show playing in the background and the periodic baby sounds, I got bored and wanted something to watch - kidding!

Video 1 - Pretty sure the greatest success of this was right around 1:52, but that could be due to gravity and not actual success.

Video 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Well okay. The sub didn't fry, the PC didn't fry. That's about all the positives that we got. Not sure if it was due to the weight of the sub, and the viscosity of the oil not allowing the sub to move properly, but it didn't work. I felt the oil moving behind and in front of the propellers, but the sub just wasn't moving out of my hand. There was a point or two where it felt like it was getting lighter, but never actually was completely freestanding on its own. I could see perhaps something with either a bigger propeller, or a smaller body working in this... but it'd have to be a significant difference than this one. Two videos taken and attached. Excuse the kids show playing in the background and the periodic baby sounds, I got bored and wanted something to watch - kidding!

Video 1 - Pretty sure the greatest success of this was right around 1:52, but that could be due to gravity and not actual success.
    Heck it wasn't a total failure, the nose lights looked awesome as a decorative touch! Seriously, that was a great effort, and please thank your First Mate for me. I guess it's all about bouyancy. Maybe there's a marine construction engineer out there somewhere watching, thinking, "piece of cake"!

Even though results could have been better, nothing like it has ever been witnessed on the Official Puget Systems Mineral Oil Aquarium PC Forum before, so until that shipyard engineer gets on board, you've made some history! I think Jon owes you a t-shirt for that!

lol, well I'm open to other ideas... just not sure what else can be done

Thread Information