Thread: Air Valve?

Default Air Valve?

As seen in http://cdn.pugetsystems.com/images/s.../air_valve.jpg, I see that the V2 system has an air valve, but I don't see it in the V3 pictures.... anyone know the purpose of this valve and why(if I'm in fact, correct) it's not on the V3?

Today or tomorrow I should start the build with lots of pics and walkthroughs for the average Joe

Default Re: Air Valve?

You're a man of many questions!

With V3 and V4, the tubing goes down the side of the tray, not through it. This was so that if you remove the motherboard tray, you aren't also removing your bubble bar -- you can keep it down on the bottom of the tank. You could still put in a flow valve if you want. It is just preference, do you want to be able to dial up and down your bubbles? It also helps when moving the system, as you can more easily disconnect the tubing.

Knowledge is power

I'm planning on combining elements in all four versions, mixed in with parts(obtained from your website) from all four versions, to make a "super custom" aquarium PC. I don't do major overclocking/gaming, so this project is primarily just for show. I'm going to do a ridiculous write up on every step I do... hoping that I'll be able to show a complete computer idiot(figuratively) how to do it from scratch. Also, since there's no one that I know that has done any kind of project like this, you guys are my only resource that I actually TRUST getting answers from.

Yes, at the pet store today looking at tanks, it dawned on me that I needed an air valve for the bubble bar Bubbles don't just come out of nowhere....

So then the other end of this tubing shown in the above pic(the top end of hosing) goes to an air pump, whereas the bottom obviously to the bar? And the knob that I'm looking at allows the airflow to the bubble bar to be controlled?

Correct. Screw the knob tighter, and it pinches off more airflow.

What kind of air pump did you guys use? I have one for an 80 gallon tank, and the bubble stones aren't close to performing how I'm expecting them to.

We've been using these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-77850-Wh.../dp/B004PB8SRM

But don't let the name fool you...they're a bit loud.

100gal, eh? My current problem is one bubble stone works well and another one doesn't... I'm debating if it's due to the brand of stone mixed with the viscosity of the oil, or the pump not being strong enough.

They're very sensitive to height -- if one is a little higher than the other, then it will get more bubbles.

Hm that's weird... same height. I have a two outlet pump feeding to one airline, going to a T then going to each stone. The stone that's working has a longer tube from the T to it than the one not working does. Methinks I need to invest in new stones, or a new brand... something.

Thread Information