Default FYI about Acrylic Temperature Tolerance..

The maximum temperature at which acrylic plastic can be subjected to for any period of time is 180F/82.22C to 200F/93.33C. The material softens when heated to temperatures above 260F/126.66C. Applications subjected to high heat sources should be avoided or temperatures checked to allow for an adequate safety factor. An alternative clear plastic to use would be Tuffak Polycarbonate with a service temperature of 270F/132.22C.

So keep this in mind when cooling your system. Also, not sure about any polycarbonate tanks, but it may be an alternative for high temp systems? Just my $.02.

Default Re: FYI about Acrylic Temperature Tolerance..

That's a great reminder.

In the last few years of selling these kits, we've had a few reports of take failure. In all of them, the system wasn't being cooled properly and the acrylic tank got too hot. It's very important to adequately cool your system, and to monitor temperatures closely.

Chalk me up for a failure at sub 100F temperatures, with a full radiator system V3 with 9 120mm fans pumping away keeping everything nice and cool.

Could you elaborate? Maybe share some photos?

Quote Originally Posted by dxkj View Post
    Chalk me up for a failure at sub 100F temperatures, with a full radiator system V3 with 9 120mm fans pumping away keeping everything nice and cool.

Thread Information