Default Acryllic Cutout in the Video

In the Original video on the first page(http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php), at about :30 and :42, Puget is cutting out a sheet of acryllic the same shape as the fishtank... anyone know why? I watched the video a few times and was never able to find out where that sheet went. Is that the base cutout of the V3+ model, and isn't pertinent to the V1/2 models?

Default Re: Acryllic Cutout in the Video

That is the top plate we used in V1 to adapt the top of the aquarium to the size needed by the Lian-Li motherboard tray. You can see it in place at the 0:56 mark of the V1 video, if you look carefully! In V2 through V4, we make the motherboard tray out of acrylic, and cut it to the exact size of the aquarium tank top frame, so that adapter acrylic you see in the V1 video is no longer needed.

Default Re: Acryllic Cutout in the Video

Ah, I barely notice it(I think). I guess since I'm starting at the V1 level, that I will have to figure out some way to adapt the tray. I'm literally going to take the tray when I get it on Friday to the nearest petshop and start opening up boxes of aquariums until I find the one that will require LEAST modification to do it correctly. I'm going under the assumption that I'm going to have to perform some modification... especially since you guys won't sell me just the mobo tray :P

Thread Information