Default Windows Photo Viewer Issues

I'm having issues with Windows Photo Viewer and I can't find the web link to download/reinstall it.

The buttons to move forward one file or backwards one file don't work.

These are the "forward" and "backward" "triangle arrows" that appear at the bottom of the Photo Viewer screen when I open a RAW or jpg file.

Do you know of a site where I can download the latest version, please? Thanks.

Default Re: Windows Photo Viewer Issues

It isn't a program that can really be installed / uninstalled - but there iis a folder for it and some associated parts of Windows. That is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Photo Viewer. You might try replacing the files there with versions from another computer that has the same version of Windows. The PhotoViewer.dll in particular appears to be linked to the part of the program you are talking about, and the Windows 7 version of that file can be downloaded here: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...for-windows-7/
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

William, if Lance cannot find the relevant files on another computer to fix his issue, could he use the command sfc scannow from an elevated command prompt to identify the offending file(s) and then replace them from the repair console?

Lance, if you are using Win-7 Pro SP-1 64 bit, there are three dll's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Photo Viewer and three mui files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Photo Viewer\en-US folder that have the same file date. These files may all be linked in some way, so it may best to replace all those files with files of the same date. William, would this be a good idea? I wouldn't want Lance to get into dll hell!

ps: I tested my Win Photo Viewer and it works fine. (Win-7 Pro SP-1 64 bit)

-Preston
    Last edited by Preston; 01-31-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Hmm, sfc might fix things - but no matter what you do, Lance, I would advise making a copy of all the files in that folder. That way if anything goes wrong you can at least get back to where you are now
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Thanks, guys!

Hey, Lance. Did you get this sorted out?

--Preston

Thread Information