Default Video Card Suggestion

So I have been doing some research online and I thought I was set on upgrading my video card. I had decided to upgrade from a MSI GTX460 768MB (reference cooler) to two MSI GTX 560 TI. When I got them I installed them only to have to reach 90 degrees while playing Star Wars the Old Republic and they got even higher when running Heaven Benchmark. Not only was the temperature really high, but when the fans kicked it up they sounded like jet engines. So I returned them and got two EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclock. Once again I was getting high temps and loud noise coming from the fans. I was able to get it down to 80 degrees but they still sound like jet engines. My GTX 460 gets to about 60 degrees, but doesn't go any higher and the fan noise is not really noticeable compared to the intake fans. So I am wondering if anyone might know of a good video card that can keep a similar fan noise as my GTX 460, but is still an upgrade in performance? I am kind of leaning towards one GTX 570, but my old GTS 250 with a blower style fan was very loud. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My build is:
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    Intel i5-2500k
    CoolIt Eco (currently exhausting air through the radiator, before was pulling cool air from the back)
    Crucial SSD
    Antec CP-850
    Antec P183

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I felt like it was more of a DIY Configuration.

Default Re: Video Card Suggestion

It sounds like a GTX 570 would be a good candidate - the performance won't be up there with dual GTX 560s, but it will be an improvement over what you have now. Make sure to get a reference-design cooler if you can, though: the 570, 580, and I think the 460 you have now exhaust air out the back. A lot of 3rd-party heatsink and fans used on cards these days just blow air around inside the system, which leads to hotter temperatures and then higher noise levels unless you have a case with tons and tons of airflow (and those cases in themselves are usually louder because of more and faster fans).
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

I have seen that you can get either the blower or the fan in the middle GTX 570. My GTX 460 has the fan in the middle. I am guessing you are suggesting I get blower style?

I believe the reference design has a fan on the end of the card, blowing across it and out the back. I guess one would call that a blower fan, though it is far quieter in the 570 and 580 than any other blower fan I've heard before. The particular 460 you have must exhaust some heat internally, if its fan is in the middle, but obviously with a single card (and a fairly low-heat one at that) it hasn't been a problem for you.
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Thread Information