Lightbulb Ideas/suggestions for website build configurator

Just a couple ideas that might make things easier for you guys as well as your customers:
    1. Add the option (when applicable) to add commonly provided services (namely overclocking, its expected average overclocked processor speed, and apportionate cost, though i bet there are other services commonly requested,) so that the price shows up in the checkout page.
    This would greatly facilitate ease of purchase, increase clarity, and allow for easier review by sales staff to make sure build setup is adequate for cooling/compatability.
    2. Provide options for gaming devices such as keyboards (ie. Steel Series merc stealth gaming keyboard gaming mice (ie. Razor naga epic gaming mouse headsets (ie. Creative Fatality gaming headset and gaming controllers (ie. Logitech driving force gt racing wheel.)
    While i do realize there is an inherrant cost with this, (namely purchase cost of a few of each item for testing and the labor/man hours to effectively r&d and durability/compatability test each one it would be of great benefit to both your company and a large percentage (35-45% or more, though this figure is speculative as i do not have your sales figures,) of your new customers that fall into the casual-avid gamer category. The vast majority of us who purchase products from you do so because the quality, reliability, tech support, and customer service of those products easily warrants the increase in cost (15-40%) over what we could get a similar system for eslewhere. I have no doubt that any gamer who uses your site would pay an additional 15-20% or more to get these items from you knowing they had been through your exhaustively thorough r&d and testing phase to get your vaunted seal of approval, the additional tech support and customer service notwithstanding. I myself would pay up to 50% more than a competitors price if I could get it from puget, having the peace of mind that: 1. It works as advertised. 2. Its compatability and durability have been thoroughly tested. and 3. Most importantly, if theres a problem I can contact Puget for help.
    The benefits of doing this is two-fold: 1. Customers can feel secure purchasing their peripheral gaming devices. and 2. Without a relatively large overhead, It increases your appeal to new customers, as well as garnering additional sales from returning ones. Both Puget and the consumer benefit from this.

Default Re: Ideas/suggestions for website build configurator

after speaking with jeff i realized why the overclocking might not be currently listed in the configurator and had another idea to alleviate the problem: you could link a pop up warning requiring certain cooling options if overclocking is selected. this would prevent issues with overheating if the configuration isnt reviewed by staff before purchase

I've brought these ideas up in our weekly meeting for you, and we will be adding overclocking options to our Custom Liquid-Cooled configuration page. The overclocking options are also available on our Deluge configuration pages.

We had some discussion about making additional peripherals available. Unfortunately, we won't have the resources to qualify peripherals, but we do have some thoughts about ways that we may be able to make those additional peripherals available in the future. I can't mention anything concrete at this time, but Stay tuned!

thanks for letting me know the results. makes my opinion feel valued and appreciated

Thread Information