Default Please help! Cpu virus?

I just got some stupid cpu virus.. I have trend micro, but it didnt detect anything. So I tried opening system restore-wont open. Tried safe mode- virus is therr too. Cant open anything. the virus thing pops up: win 7 internet security 2012 has blocked program" im asking from my cell phone. Every damn site ive checked says "download this tool" to get rid of it.. Hellllooo I cant download ANYthing. System restore has never NOT worked. I have important school stuff I need to do and access from this cpu with finals this week. I need help and fast! I have windows 7, toshiba laptop. Other warnings imclude bottom right txt bubble w "malware intrusion" when I try sys restore the virus says "rstrui.exe is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen so it recommends I activate there bull****, yea right.

coupon code kaspersky
    Last edited by terenkleon; 06-26-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Default Re: Please help! Cpu virus?

Sorry to hear of your woes. If you don't have a means to download the removal tool, you may have to resort to taking the machine to a reputable tech who can remove the offending malware. Or, do you have a friend who could help you?

I hope you get this sorted out.

--Preston

If you get to the point where nothing else can be done, and have another computer available, you could remove the infected drive and plug it into the other computer. Make sure not to boot from it, but if you just hook it up as a second drive you should be able to run cleaning software on the drive and then put it back in the original computer. Even if that isn't successful, you ought to be able to use this method to get your important data files off the drive... and then just reformat and install Windows again (the most sure way to eliminate malware).

Good luck!
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

when you start computer press F8 then press last known good configuration then when your computer restarts go to start run type services.msc then enable windows installer and set to automatic then you will be able to download then remove trend micro and download AD-AWARE internet security antivirus it is rated top by pcmag you can visit www.pcmag.com and click security then antivirus top rated is AD-AWARE it has better ranking then all other antivirus 4.5 stars out of 5 stars and it is a editor choice
    Last edited by PCC-Wilson; 12-30-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: remove spam link

Bear,

AdAware may, or may not work even if the OP can obtain it. Some of these trojans require specific removal tools. William's advice is excellent.

To the OP: I have found the info at Black Viper.com to be excellent. There is also a forum there that one can search. Bleeping Computer.com is also a good resource.

--Preston

Thread Information