Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: My Submerged System

What RPMs does your pump run at under idle? Mine couldn't even push oil all the way through the radiator at 1300 :<

It is likely a defective pump then; the header I have the pump plugged into can not accurately report such information and I do not have a flow monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezinov View Post
    It is likely a defective pump then; the header I have the pump plugged into can not accurately report such information and I do not have a flow monitor.
    Yeah I ordered another one as it seemed to be working fine but after a couple hours something just snapped and it started making some really loud and weird noises. Do you hear your pump running?

My pump simply makes a high-frequency hum during operation. With the fans on, you can't even hear it - infact the only way I know it is on or not is because it disturbs the oil around it.

Make sure your pump is not pulling in bubbles. As I had mentioned in an earlier post; that can lead to early pump-death.

My pump simply makes a high-frequency hum during operation. With the fans on, you can't even hear it - infact the only way I know it is on or not is because it disturbs the oil around it.

Make sure your pump is not pulling in bubbles. As I had mentioned in an earlier post; that can lead to early pump-death.
    Replaced with the new pump and it seems not including the noise (which likely meant it was going to die soon) my old pump was working fine. The pump does not seem to put oil all the way through at 1300 but yah it's not that bad. Unfortunately I can't seem to not mess something up, putting the quick disconnects back on it seems one of them tore a rubber seal and is now leaking... replacement ho.....

My quick disconnects are a wee bit leaky too, just out of the box - but not to the point of worry. I just have to make sure they stay vertical while I have the radiator disconnected - atleast the ones attached to the radiator. The ones on the tank make no difference. Just drip back into the tank.

It really sounds like there is a greater problem at hand here. My pump has never had trouble cycling the air out of the radiator and lines - even most recently when I had to pull the system to reattach the power header - which I still don't know how that got detached, but that is neither here nor there.

My quick disconnects are a wee bit leaky too, just out of the box - but not to the point of worry. I just have to make sure they stay vertical while I have the radiator disconnected - atleast the ones attached to the radiator. The ones on the tank make no difference. Just drip back into the tank.

It really sounds like there is a greater problem at hand here. My pump has never had trouble cycling the air out of the radiator and lines - even most recently when I had to pull the system to reattach the power header - which I still don't know how that got detached, but that is neither here nor there.
    Sorry I disappeared for a while

My other stuff wasn't leaky (well one but I tightened it up) but my quick disconnects the little rubber seals were torn off, saw em myself. No leaks now though. Even if it did go back in the tank I didn't like it.

My pump only had issues filling it up it seems, once oil was all the way through it seems fine at low speeds. GPU is staying cool at under 30 idle so whatever it's doing it's fine. I switched it off manual and it seems fine, but it can't push through big air pockets at the low speeds.

Well it's been up and running for a bit with no issues so I think all is well

Thanks a lot to puget and everyone and all that stuff, and especially Mezinov.

Since I'm a visual person, can you give me a little more information/a picture on the "•A wireless-switch controlled outlet or powerstrip is a great way to control power to the fans on the radiator and bubble bar if you connect them to an external power supply like I did." part?

He just means to plug the fans and bubble pump into a power strip. Flip the power strip on or off to control those components. A wireless-switch controlled outlet would be something like this: http://www.smarthome.com/2473SWH/Out...g-White/p.aspx

Thread Information