Default Advantages of Touch Screen Monitors

I was thinking of getting 3 Touch Screen Monitors instead of 6 regular LED Monitors. Could anyone tell me the Advantage and disadvantages of the two and what kind of special hardware/software I would need to run touch screens? I'm planning on being a video game designer when I get out of college. I also have a passion for gaming.

Default Re: Advantages of Touch Screen Monitors

Touch screen monitors can be nice for a home system I think, but for gaming / software development I'm not sure how the touch interface would really help that much. Honestly, if you can get by with three screens just get that many normal monitors - and save the extra money or put it toward larger screens / a more powerful computer. Thats my two cents
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Touch Screen Monitor is much faster to click something using your finger or a stylus pen than it is to move a mouse or keyboard arrows. Speed can make a huge difference while playing a fast-paced game. Speed also can be significant for placing orders in your business.

Some disadvantages are that the user must be within arms reach of the display, it would be difficult to select small items,it could have a possible retrofit problem (the touch screen must be fitted on the screen), and there could be possible arm fatigue.
    It can caused you to feel a little electric shocks if you touch the screen with your wet fingers.
    User's hand may obscure the screen.
    Screens need to be installed at a lower position and tilted to reduce arm fatigue.
    Some reduction in image brightness may occur.
    They cost more than alternative devices.

Another disadvantage of touch-screen monitors is that the displays get dirty frequently because of constant touching with oily or sweaty fingers. Fortunately, touch-screen monitors are made out of glass or something similar, so it is easier to clean than a regular monitor.

Could I combine Touch screens with LEDs or would they be incompatible? I'm Leaning towards the latter, but if it is the former I would buy 1 touch screen and 6 LEDs. The 6 LEDs would be on a stand and the Touch Screen would lay on the desk screen facing straight up. My inspiration was actually the Netendo DS, with its two screens, bottom touch screen; top LED. But at best it's probably awkward at at worst incompatible. Luckily, I have at least 3 years to figure out what I want. Most likely I would get this: http://www.cinemassivedisplays.com/i...masterplex.jpg

thanx for info, guys!)

Thanks to all guys..!!
    I like this information.. I really willing to know about this article. hope you will share here more useful articles here..
    Last edited by PCC-Wilson; 08-28-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: remove spam link

Thread Information