Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Website Design Feedback

I'm very pleased by the redesign.
    But I too am a fan of the "geeky charm" from the old school Puget Systems site.
    Guess I'm a retro kinda guy.

For those interested in the various 'retro' looks our site has had over the years, check out the archives over at the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pugetsystems.com
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by PCC-William View Post
    For those interested in the various 'retro' looks our site has had over the years, check out the archives over at the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pugetsystems.com
    The result is
    Data Retrieval Failure.

We're sorry. We were unable to retrieve the requested data. We may be experiencing technical difficulties and suggest that you try again later.
    See the FAQs for more info and help, or contact us.

Hmm, thats odd - I get a list of several snapshots of our site taken each year - starting in 2001. Oddly they only go up to 2008, though...
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Internet Archive page index works for me today, but many individual page requests are timing out with internal errors.

I guess that Internet Archive can't handle visitor load consistently.

From what I can see, the current Puget site is an improvement

I have not seen the old design, but I think that the new one looks pretty good. Simple and elegant. Although maybe the gray background is too neutral, maybe another color would be even more friendly. Are you thinking of updating the design again?

I think at the moment we are pretty pleased with the overall look of the site. There is more we want to do with some of the internals of how certain things work, which won't really be visible just browsing the website but should make things like saving quotes and checking out even better than they are now Thank you for your feedback, though!
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

I believe and want to say I think the website is extremely navigable. The selections, instant updating, multi-tab functionality makes browsing this website a true gem amongst likewise competitors.
    I just ordered my first system from Puget today, and am extremely excited, and pleased from the professionalism and patience of customer service representatives.
    As I read the title of this forum post, as I was just browsing I thought I should include the only things I could think of that would maybe improve experience (even if only slightly, or maybe only I feel this way).

I just registered a forum account, and prior to, as I was browsing the forums I felt a strong urge for a 'Like' or 'Vote Up/Down' feature, similar to facebook's famed feat. Some kind of rating system, although this is not the most active forum, it may not be so necessary. (YET! :])

Also, as I was creating my order I could not figure out for the life of me how to add a 'comment' to my quote before submitting the order. I don't know if this is actually even possible from the customer's end, if so, I couldn't find it!

Thanks, and cheers, you fine folk, you.

There is a spot to add comments and questions when you first save a quote, but I think you are correct that there isn't a way to easily change them or add new info. Re-editing the system would do the trick, I believe, but that is not really obvious. I will make sure to pass this feedback along to our web team - thank you!
    William George
    Customer Service Lead
    Puget Custom Computers
    william@pugetsystems.com

Thread Information