Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: video editing software

I have tried the AVS Video Editor,very satisfied.

Do you know icoolsoft ?

Microsoft Movie Maker

Already installed on newer computers that are running Windows XP, Movie Maker has drag and drop features to make creating and editing your movie easier. Microsoft has many add-ons for this software, and upgrades are available through the website. This is one of the best free video editing software programs available.

Apple Imovie

Apple iMovie is comparable to Windows Movie Maker, but Apple iMovie is used on the Mac operating system. Apple iMovie has many advanced features and add-ons. Unfortunately, the software is only free if you buy a new Mac system. If you want the software without buying the system, it is available for purchase separately. One of the best free video editing programs available for Mac users.

Avid FreeDV

Avid FreeDV is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems, and includes basic video and audio editing capabilities, as well as up to two streams of real-time effects. On the whole, a solid video editing program that is slightly hard to use, but very powerful once you learn its ins and outs.
    Last edited by PCC-William; 10-07-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Removed Spam Link

According to me,I like Pinnacle Studio12 Ultimate. This is a very creative, once you get the hang of it. If you want to pull from the camera, VHS, Hi8-type movies, I suggest you Studio12 film box end. This may be a bit expensive, but you get everything you need and it is compatible with itself.

You can try 'Windows movie maker', I have very good experience with it and it is very easy to use.

Sony Vegas Pro is pretty good and full-featured. It's a little pricey, though. If you're willing to invest on it, give it a go.

VirtualDub is a free video editing software which can accomplish just about any task for trimming and cleaning up videos. It also has a batch-processing functionality for processing large number of files. It also has a variety of features which include a choice of compression codecs, splitting and addition of audio tracls. The whole source code can also be acquired which is a plus.

Hum, I use adobe Photoshop, adobe premium pro and adobe after effects for editing my videos. If I am making a documentary then I use Kamtesia . Scripts here make videos look very professional. Give it a try. Nice software indeed!

Very Nice thread. I recommend Video Studio Express. Very easy in use, very simple and fast enough for casual use.
    Last edited by PCC-Wilson; 02-17-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: remove spam link

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantMajor15 View Post
    Just out of curiostiy...what is the best video editing software that I can get for free?

...in case your wondering...i dont mean flash animation...just normal videos...
    If you need free you can try windows movie maker, usually the video editing software isn't free, if you do not have a high requirements on the features you may choose a relatively cheap one like SmartPixel video editing software.

As it is said above, i recommend Windows Movie Maker, too. But it's a little easy for professional one.

See more: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...maker-download

Thread Information