PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Laptop for World of Warcraft!

NathanMcD
07-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Hi I like your guys business and I noticed in another topic that you guys talk about World of Warcraft, I plan on playing this game quite heavily and am actually going to buy a Desktop replacement, laptop designed to suite this game best. If you guys could let me know what an ideal (price wise and perfermance wise) laptop for this game would be that would be great, and i'll probally get you guys to make me a custom one, but i'd like to know what this game is going to need :) thanks.

PCC-Richard
07-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Rockin' :thumbsup

I assume you plan on being near a power outlet, when playing this game? The amount of "oomph" you'll want is going to suck a lot of juice, and the lord knows you wouldn't want your battery to die while you're mid-dungeon.

I recommend the Landscape Series (http://www.pugetsystems.com/configlandscape.php). They all pack the video card you'll need, plus you've got good resolution and 4.1 surround!

The Landscape Extreme comes with the onboard speakers (about the best sound you'll get from the laptop, unless you're jacking into an actual speaker setup), and the Radeon Mobility 9700, which is the fastest laptop video card around. Add to that a 3.0ghz CPU, and a gig of RAM, and you'll be set.

I also recommend the landscape models, (the upper two) since they come wtih a full num-pad on the keyboard. MMORPGs tend to involve a lot of key-binding, and I know I prefer the right handed locomotion of the numpad to WASD + Mouse.

If you're looking for the best cost v. performance, I'd suggest the following:

Landscape Plus
Pentium4 2.8ghz
1gb RAM
60gb Hard Drive 5400rpm (Not sure if WoW will perform better with the 7200rpm drive or not)
DVD/CD-ROM Combo
Internal WiFi
XP Home

This all comes in under $2500. :)

NathanMcD
07-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Man, thanks, you hit it almost dead on, was thinkin bout those specs and price range :-) , thanks for the help I gotta think it over a bit but, i'll be sure to stop by again and maybe even get that one you were talkin about, got the specs i'm lookin for :-D

oczivan
07-14-2004, 03:04 PM
17" laptop :thumbsup

PCC-Richard
07-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Man, now I'm stuck thinking I want a WoW Laptop! :(

Don't get me wrong, I :love my shuttle desktop.... but there's nothing quite like those late-night playing sessions, from the comfort of a hammock! :-D